Wednesday 8 June 2016

Forced Staycation Behind An 8m Wall

Today I booked my holiday for my family and I .  Yay!  It has been two years since we have had an amazing vacation.  We are going to the US and will be touring across Nevada and California.  Our visas are authorised, our flights booked and soon we will be off.  There is likely to be no restriction of our movement, we can go anywhere we like and experience wonderful activities.

Imagine waking up to this wall every day, on the other side is the rest of the world that you have no access to!

It struck me that if I lived in the West Bank, it would be unlikely that I would be able to have a holiday like this.  Being Palestinian, I would be be living behind a 430 mile, 8m tall wall that cuts off my world from that of the rest of the world.  It is like living under apartheid, in fact, it is living under apartheid but with the added feature of living behind the Berlin Wall.  If I wanted to take my family
Click here
Please support me and make a difference .
away on vacation I would have to get a permit, probably travel miles to apply for it and would probably get it refused.  I would be forced to stay behind that massive wall.  Actually, if I did get the permit to go away on vacation, there is a law that says that I no longer have a claim to my house.  It is an Israeli law which then entitles the Israel Defence Force to take my home and either knock it down or give it to families of Israeli settlers.
If I was Palestinian, I would be too scared to leave my home for a holiday and be forced to live fearfully in my own home.  I wouldn't be able to give my children the experiences that many children outside of the West Bank get every year.  They would get a forced 'staycation' behind that 8m wall.
It breaks my heart to think that Israeli children and Palestinian children are not getting a chance to build peace together because they live in an atmosphere of fear and hate.

In July, I am raising money for a human rights charity in London called Amos Trust who seek to work with local grassroots organisations across the world that are building hope and peace in troubled places endorsing non violent protest and inspiring change.  Please sponsor me as I jump out of a plane by clicking the banner below.  If you can't sponsor me, no worries, but please share my post.  Building awareness is more important.

Thanks

John

Please help - Click me.

No comments:

Post a Comment